07 May 2010

Hatched @ Evans Lodge


I usually have a soft spot for a lazy day out when I'm really lazy. That means I love to go to a place which is quiet and doesnt usually have that much people. This is good for people who dislikes crowds and that's me at times, depending on my mood! :) One place that I would recommend is this cozy little eatery at Evans Lodge in Bukit Timah (near Botanic Gardens area) called Hatched. It's really a very lazy people. The moment you go in, the yellow lighting makes you feel like just lazing yourself out.


With eggy-stuff as their main designing concept, this little place is really filled with warmth and suitable for kids. Oh and it's also great if you bring your partner here on a weekday evening like the Wednesday where we went as they serve many types of beers and wines too. I like their "chalkboard-inspired wall" with all the cute drawings as the cuteness simply would attract kids, like me.

Another thing that captured my attention to a great extent is this cute little cartoonish menu. So who is gonna say this place aint for kids? For adults who also have a little tinge of kiddy spirit, this is really your type of place.


We waited for a short while before our food got served and we have got great service for this waitress who is pretty humourous. Do catch her if you are there.


I ordered this Papillote (SGD12) as I would love to have some lovely smoked salmon to go along with my eggs. As my friend and I went at the time of dinner, some little non-breakfast course would be great to go along with our eggy meal. The salmon were fresh as I could taste the freshness with a little bite and the potatoes were the better quality ones that could stand on its on. The idea of the two toast below those salmon-wrapped eggs were interesting as I can eat them together as one, like how you eat a burger. Yet again, the tomatoes were fresh. Totally juicy and I liked the way they grilled it. :)


My friend, a scrambled egg person, ordered this El Chorizo (SGD 14) as she's not a fishy person. She prefers a much more meatier option as compared to me. I think the portion for this is quite huge because she couldnt finish the sausages and so I had to help her with it. The dish is named this way mainly cos of the Chorizo sausage which is the Spanish term that is made from pork and paprika. My friend mentioned that she liked the scrambled eggs. The mashed potatoes were good too as the potatoes were fresh.


We sinned our stomach even more for this thick and fluffy pancakes (Happy trio for SGD10) (which we couldnt finish but I ate one of them). It's really really thick and nicely done and this is the type of pancakes which I would go back for more next time.

This meal has been a great All-day breakfast dinner. With a sweet service, sweet food and sweet (romantic) ambience, I believe it's a place which I would come back for more great food. Total bill was SGD 40 with no GST and service charge as they do not charge it. I asked the waitress why and she told me they wanted to give their lovely service for free.

However, the only problem is the difficulty in accessing this little place. It's always not easy to travel in Bukit Timah because the roads are one-way and there's always heavy traffic especially in the evening. So it's great if you have your own vehicle. Some of my friends asked me why I took all the difficulty to travel to such difficult places to have food. I told them, it's all because of the passion for having good food. I would often refer to the many famous food bloggers that I follow such as ladyironchef and camemberu to seek inspiration about nice food places. AS they have more experience than I do, I trust and believe in what they say. They are not only great critics, at least I get a range of ideas about the place before I go and try. In life, we learn from people everyday. So, isn't this the wonder of technology? :)


Hatched
26 Evans Road
#01-06 Evans Lodge
Tel: +65 6735 0012
* All Day Brunch: 8am – 10pm (Closed on Mon)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails